If you’ve never used Libby before, you will either have to download it to your device or use it in a web browser at www.libbyapp.com.
To download the Libby app to your device:
- Search for Libby in your app store
- Download and open
- Follow the prompts to search for your library. Note that this will be “CW MARS.”
- Next choose “Sign in with my card.” Then “CW MARS Patrons.” You will need to know your library barcode and your pin number. If you don’t know these, give us a call.
If you have used Libby and already have it on your device:
- Open your Libby app
- On the home page (get here by tapping the button on the bottom that looks like a library building), scroll down until you see “EXTRAS”
- Click on Craftsy
- Click “get access” to activate your 7-day pass.
- Browse unlimited ad-free how-to video, or search by title or subject.
If you’d rather watch videos on your computer, just log in to Libby at www.libbyapp.com, find extras on the home screen, and choose Craftsy.
Things to note:
- You do need to have a Northfield card to access Craftsy though Libby, or a card from another participating library. Craftsy is library-specific, even though it is accessible through Libby.
- A checkout period is 7-days and you can watch as many videos as you want in that period. You do not need to “return” anything. Your access will simply go away. At that point you can checkout another 7-day access period.
- There are no overdue fines.